Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 14 – Athens, OH to Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Day 14 – Athens, OH to Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Thursday, August 25

This day or should I say early (very) in the morning started with a major thunder storm and torrential rain + lighting.  For the most part the bikes were under the cover of the motel parking entrance canopy, but they did get wet.

The plan was to get underway at 6:30am and head for home in one day, a distance of about 661km  (411miles).  The server storm and rain delayed our departure to 10:30am or about 4 hours, well that is life on a motorcycle.

Ben had decided head home via his parents home in Windsor so he will break off from my route about 3 miles up the road from Athens and take I-75 most of the way back.  I will continue to Zanesville, take I-70 East to I-77 North to East Cleveland and then I-90 to Buffalo. 

Once North of Athens the clouds gave way to sunshine and cool weather, daytime high of 27c, so that made for nice riding weather.

One last photo of Glouster, OH (x-NYC) Riailroad Station

I stopped for Gas and Lunch at Cambridge, OH, and met another motorcycle rider heading to Indianapolis, IN for the GP Motorcycle races, he has left South Jersey at 6am, and was already across PA and into Ohio, he was making good time on his BMW.  There was another bike with trailer and UK license plates on a Honda Goldwing also going West, they had been touring the US for the past 2 months and would head home at the end of August, "one last ride", I know the felling.

I am always sad when the trip comes to an end, and I wish I was home and at the same time wish I could do it all again. - but then again there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment